
This is an old story but I just can't get enough of this guy!
Shrek is a Merino sheep that managed to evade his farmers for 6 years until he was found in 2004, hiding in a cave in Central Otago on the South Island. Normally, Merino sheep are shorn every year, and after 6 years without a shave, Shrek's wool was incredibly long and thick. He was finally shorn on National Television, his wool weighing over 60 lbs!!!

Shrek is now a national icon. In 2004 he was taken to Parliment in Wellington to meet then-Prime Minister Helen Clark. Two years later Shrek celebrated his 10th birthday by having a shave on an iceberg floating off the coast of Dunedin.
Anyway, I just think this is a hilarious story and the pictures of Shrek after he was found hiding are even funnier!
Do they have toys of this guy???? If not they should, and I want one!
ReplyDeleteHe must have been so heavy!
ReplyDelete