Monday, May 11, 2009

California Summer

I've been back in the States for 2 weeks and I finally have my groove back. I feel like a normal person, I am able to sleep the entire night through and I no longer cringe when I make a right-hand turn (well....the driving still throws me off a bit). I'm still overwhelmed by TV, grocery stores and the news. I feel like I'm bombarded with consumerism and overloaded with information. It's a bit much, really.

The best part is that Summer has arrived in California. Real, sunny warm Summer that lasts for days. The sky is incredibly blue, the frogs are croaking, the birds are singing and flowers are bursting with color and perfume. And boy, am I soaking it all in, pollen and all!

I feel just a little bit guilty when I look at the weather in New Zealand. Apparently it was so cold in Dunedin last night that the olive oil was solid this morning! I'm happy Y. is returning to CA next month. He needs some sunshine in his life too!

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 03, 2009

    You're back!...was going through my bookmarks and found this blog. So glad you are back but sad that I missed you when you were at CAS. Hope to see you here again soon, tho. Welcome home!!

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete