I'm sorry, but the mullet has got to be the worst hairstyle ever created. Why on earth would you want to look like Billy Ray Cyrus or a porn star? Unfortunately, variations of the mullet, including the repulsive rat tail, are extremely popular here in Dunedin. Both men and women sport these hideous hair creations, which are often emphasized with colored highlights. I've even seen one guy with leopard spots bleached into his mangy strip of hair. Sadly, little boys, as young as 4 or 5 years old, have mini-mullets to match their dad's stunning mud flap.
Mullets have also infiltrated the sports arena. In fact, some sportscasters have even commented on the trend, questioning the players' choice in hairstyles. The photo above depicts a rugby player from an Otago team, the Highlanders, who has apparently started the mullet trend on his team.
A few years ago, there was a resurgence of the mullet in the U.S., but this trend tended to be more of an ironic fashion statement than a serious hairstyle. People had mullets as a joke. Not so in Dunedin. Here, you can have your business in the front and party in the back, too.
I will go ahead and hop on your mullet band wagon! WTF? I understand that they keep the elements off your neck, but nothing says "slimy" like a greasy, curly mullet.
ReplyDeleteWOW! I love talking about mullets. I hope you will be able to take a picture some day of the guy with the leopard spots.
ReplyDeleteJust re-read this for a laugh!
ReplyDelete