So with the good food inevitably comes the bad. Here is my list of bad:
1. Whitebait Fritters
Oh boy. These "omelettes" contain small fish larvae that resembles slimy, translucent worms. Call me crazy and unadventurous, but I'm not eating anything that resembles a slimy, translucent worm.
2. Chicken Flavored Chips
It's gets worse: There's Lamb flavored too.
3. Beets on Hamburgers
Not really that bad, but beets just don't belong there. Just ask McDonald's.
4. Vegemite & Marmite
Ugghh. What ever you do, don't spread this stuff like peanut butter.
5. Fish & Chips
Fish & Chips are good when done right. Fish & Chips purchased from underneath the heat lamps at the corner dairy is not done right.
6. Kiwi Pizza
My Italian friends here never stop going on about this one, and I agree. Apricots, mince lamb, guacamole, cranberry sauce, brie cheese, venison, and honey should never be in the vicinity of a pizza. EVER. Check out this menu to see what I mean.
Are we having fun yet?
7. Mystery Meat Pies
I've heard these referred to as 'maggot bags.' Would you eat something with than name? Be sure to stick to the quality pies in bakeries.
8. Flavored Milk
Colorful flavored milks fill the dairy cooler at the supermarket. I can understand the chocolate flavor, and maybe even strawberry (remember Strawberry Nestle Quick?), but lime, banana, mango, and root beer? I can't imagine this milk doing your body any good.
9. Lolly Cakes
Ingredients:
melted butter
colored fruit puffs (related to marshmallows)
condensed milk
crushed cookies
dessicated coconut
Directions:
Mix everything into the butter
Shape into a log and cover in coconut
Refrigerate for 2 hours
Throw into the rubbish bin
10. Milo
Made by Nestle and advertised as a nutritious energy drink, Milo looks like a powdered chocolate drink but in fact, tastes like wet cardboard. After my first tasteless attempt making Milo, I added more powder. I ended up with more wet cardboard.
What the heck?? When I tried Marmite for the first time, it was like, um this tastes like really thick soy sauce? And why do people eat this??
ReplyDelete