So here I am, living in New Zealand. After sending long, detailed e-mails to friends and family back home and journal writing about the idiosyncrasies of Kiwi life, I have decided to start a Blog about my life here. To begin with, I will post some entries from the past 3 months with their original date. Enjoy.....
So how the hell did I get here? Well, my boyfriend, accepted an offer to work at the University of Otago in Dunedin. He arrived in March, 2008, while I stayed on in Berkeley and San Francisco to work on my thesis and continue my museum job. After a long summer of travel, weddings, organizing, and packing, I arrived in the Land of the Long White Cloud at the end of October.
The decision to move was a tough one, as it means living half a world away from family and friends. But we thought that it would give us an amazing opportunity to live and work in another country. So far, the experience has been a lesson in adjusting one's expectations (more on this later). Most information I heard or read before moving applied to traveling around the country, not necessarily living here. Big difference! But I'm slowly settling in, making a life here, and learning a lot about myself in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment